"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a Night for a Frolic

Read, read, read…um, read. This was my evening, until Joy ran to the window and exclaimed “look at that wind!” unable to resist my favorite element, I tore my eyes from my computer screen (well, ok, it wasn’t so hard to leave the 20 some page article we’d been assigned) and followed her and my two other roommates to the balcony. The wind was indeed delicious as it whipped past us. Below I watched the trees dance and bend under its power, and they weren’t the only ones dancing; about six other FLI students were below, frolicking and running in the night wind. “Come play with us!” Hannah invited, and she didn’t have to ask twice!
The warm night was a blessing, refreshing and fulfilling. By the time we’d gotten down, 11 of us had assembled. The moon shone through the clouds, inspiring us to praise our Lord.
After a few moments of random running around and sporadic bursts of laughter, it was agreed upon to play a game. Ninja was suggested, and before we knew it we found ourselves bowing in a circle, then, with a ninja-esqu cry, jumping out into position. A few rounds of the usual version of this elimination game were played, and enjoyed by all. However, the simple hand-slapping was not enough for our energetic, activity deprived selves. Ere long (haha, I’ve always wanted to say that!) we decided to add a whole new element to the game, on top of hand-slapping to eliminate an appendage, feet were added into the mix. This now had us rolling around on the ground, our feet and/or arms “sliced” and out of play, trying desperately to attack each other. There was so much laughing and giggling going on that I’m sure many an apartment dweller peeked through their windows with a curious glance.
After many rounds of this nonsensical game, we finally came to the mutual agreement to return to our reading. Happier for the time of fellowship and adventure.



Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, you are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty. He wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. He makes winds his messengers…….Psalm 104:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment