"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Go West Young (Wo)Man!

Rewind to sometime in the middle of the summer when the staff had gathered to watch a movie. In the middle of the movie, one of the characters traveled to the wilds of western America, the scene cuts to a dusty sign hanging from a train station in a small town. “Colorado Springs CO” the sign declared. “That’s where I’m gonna be!” I proclaimed excitedly. Fast forward back to today, in just a few more hours, I too will be taking a journey to America’s west, though no longer quite as wild as in the days of cowboys, and not in a train, but in my own trusty steed, Ruby (for those of you who don’t already know, Ruby is my car :-). Right now I can hear the sound of Dad snoring in the room above me, as he and Mom get some much needed sleep for the journey ahead of us. (They keep feeling the need to remind me that I’ll be driving as well, and I fully intend to take my turn at the wheel of course! How else will I be able to choose the music!) It’s gonna be a long couple of days on this road trip, I’m sure one full of misturns and misadventure but, as my old friend Mr. Whittaker always says: “but that’s the exciting part because you never know what you’ll discover along the way! Oh, don’t take my word for it though. You’ll find out for yourself when you come along on today’s adventure [to] Odyssey!”



But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise You forever for what You have done; in Your name I will hope, for Your name is good. Psalm 52:8-9


“I am gonna move this mountain, then I’m gonna move you in…I am gonna show you what I mean, I am gonna love like you’ve never seen, you are gonna live like you used to dream, this is your new song!” - Don’t Get Comfortable by Brandon Heath
(listen….. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXBY05jLwj8 )

No comments:

Post a Comment