"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Monday, September 20, 2010

Umbrellas, Sunburns and Ice Cream

This morning I was very proud of myself, I got up early and went to a 9:00 church service with Annalee, Joy and Dusten. It was pretty interesting, the church was actually out of two campuses, so we were “welcomed” by the guy at the other campus as they filmed him and put it up on our screen (it felt odd to be welcomed by someone who wasn’t even there!) and both places had a worship band, and they would flip back and forth for who was leading up on the screen, but both were playing, I don’t even know how it worked. The worship service was great, all songs I knew and loved, but I just couldn’t get used to following a screen and a guy who wasn’t even there.
But, we did get the live preacher (the other campus had to watch him on the screen) which I’m glad of. The teaching was actually very interesting. They were going through the gospel of John, and today they talked about Jesus before Pilot. Interestingly enough, we have talked about that scene in class several times this past week. Oh the things that make you go “hmm” (except, should I really be surprised when God randomly does things like that anymore? Probably not, but He’s just so sneaky! Gets me every time). Anyways, so there was a lot of wink-winking going on between us students whenever the preacher mentioned yet another familiar point. P.S. the stage was decorated with about 10 red umbrellas which the Preacher used as a visual (he had a black umbrella with him to symbolize other gods we might put ourselves under in our lives, and a red one to symbolize being under God’s grace, but umbrellas are a personal favorite of mine, and red ones are definitely way up there in great umbrella colors)
After church we drove home to the sounds of Johnny Cash, and as we were pulling in, we saw Mallory heading to the pool to study. So, we hopped over there and from the time of 12:30 allllll the way to 6:30 we sat in the sunshine and “read”. Though, I must admit, there was a lot more than reading going on. Lots and lots of talking, joking, having a good ol’ time. But in the end, I got all but a few pages read, and acquired quite the burn :-) but it was very worth it.
Well, after the sun had sunk behind the buildings, a bunch of us headed over to Cold Stone for ice cream, after which I went with Anna Marie, Chris, Scott and A.K. to get groceries. I got junk food and cereal, Anne Marie got healthy food, and the guys just got food (aka, whatever was there and cheap) then it was home again home again jiggitt jig and off to finish the reading (fun fact, Christine (my roommate) may or may not have locked Emily (another roommate) out on the balcony :-)
So I feel like this was short (maybe that’s because it is!) haha, but it really was a full day, a good relaxing Sunday, but still very full of fun and people, I’d say it was a great day for ENFP types like myself :-) (oh! Also went to Panara for lunch with Annalee, Joy and Briana :-) good times!)
Ummm, but some random facts… my roommates have some great tastes in movies, which has resulted in some great movie nights this past week, and will continue. OH! I forgot bout last nights! So, we made pizza in our apartment, and Annalee (who got locked out of hers) was apartment hopping and getting fed, so she joined us, and we watched a movie, after which me, Annalee, and Anne Marie (who joined in) went to Focus to play some night Frisbee with a bunch of other people. Well, the Frisbee kept going out, so Matt and A.K. went to Wal-Mart to get a new one, meanwhile, the rest of us, Frisbeeless, just hung out and tried to keep our feet warm. Then we played some freeze tag (yeah, that helped!) haha, and by the time Matt and A.K. got back (frisbeeless, Wal-Mart didn’t have any) we’d decided to head back to one of the apartments and play a game called Signs. Well, around 1:00 am and about 20 rounds of Signs, we finally called it a night.
So yes, life is good, God is good, it’s all good. Cant wait to see what next week holds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment