"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

butterfly girl

ok, so i changed things around here, and i think i'm close to liking it all now (before was just the basic "for now till i make it better" look) but, dont be surprised if the layout changes a lot, i like doing that kinda thing :-D
anyways, so i decided on the title "butterfly girl" after a song by Jaylene Johnson, unfortunatly i couldnt find any copies of it online, but i'm putting the lyrics up. i LOVE this song because it reminds me of how many times i feel "full of fear and doubt and insecurity" and want to just hide away, but God is creating me to do something beautiful and He wants me to "show my colors to the world". also, with everything happening in life right now, it's like i've been living in this cocoon, safe and growing, but now it's finally time to break free and try my wings! thats pretty exciting. :-)
so if you really want to hear the song, ask me next time you see me if i've got my ipod on me, and i'll give you a listen :-)

p.s. my official leave date for camp is promptly at 6am, wednesday, june 16....thats exactly 2 weeks from today! crazy!

Butterfly Girl......
do you only remember the way you used to be?
full of fear and doubt and insecurity
taking things that people said to build a web around you
thinking you'd be safe
in that place

i know your frightened and your wings are frail
but summer's here and you've outgrown your silky veil
the walls of you cocoon have left no room for breathing
so break free, break free

butterfly girl
don't you know you're beautiful by now?
too long in hiding
free to shine girl
time to spread your wings and show your colors to the world
butterfly girl

don't you know that you're a precious miracle
suffering transformed to something wonderful
all the things that had you bound have only made you stronger
so trust me and fly
trust me and fly

No comments:

Post a Comment