"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Saturday, June 19, 2010

Faithful in Prayer…Prayer Camp 2010 + First Days of CAMP!!!

“I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to His mighty power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory forever and ever!”
-Ephesians 3:14-21

Highlights of my first three days of camp (what!? Haha, I just had to ask a few of my staff sisters how many days I’ve been here already!)
Arrival! Many joyous hugs! I love the way we don’t see each other for a year or more, yet we jump right back into the routine as if we never left.
After that though, everything is just one hazy mess in my head of a jumble of making food, cleaning up, laughing and praying and loving :-)
I won a candy guess! Lol, it was a plastic piggy bank filled with gum balls (yet gum is not allowed at camp! Oops!)
Stayed up waaaay too late last night laughing with the staff girls and painting our toe nails bright, splashy colors (mine are Cuka-Mango :-)
Making the first batch of Carmalits with Janna for Evans birthday…they came out a little chewy, but hey! Carmalitas are Caramelitas and nothing tastes better! (if you’ve never had them, I will make you some next time I see you! you have not lived till you’ve tried them!)
Kyaked across the lake while Brittany and Janna swam…so refreshing with this heat!!

The first two days here was Prayer Camp. These days were totally devoted to praying for the camp this summer and the people we would touch. We had a few prayer walks, we were put into groups of about 6 and we walked to different buildings and prayed for specific requests pertaining to that building or place. We also had a perimeter prayer, all 40 or so of us surrounded the camp and covered it in prayer as a whole. And, mixed in there was a few times of silence and solitude, when we were able to go off on our own and just pray in the silence that can only come from being lost in the middle of nowhere deep in the U.P. I love these times of S&S, it’s a time I can allow myself to quite my head and listen to what God has to say to me, I feel such a peach during these times of silence, separated from distractions and surrounded by nothing but God’s beauty.
I’m so glad I was able to make it to Prayer Camp this year, it was the first time I’ve been here for it and it was such a great way for me to begin my camp year, I feel as if now I have things in perspective and am ready to take on whatever this summer holds for me. I serve a GREAT God with GREATER plans then even I can imagine (and trust me, from where I’m sitting, those plans are pretty crazy good lookin’)

This year I have the same roommates as I did last year, Janna and Cora (consequentially, Cora has been my roommate every year I’ve staffed :-) this year though, these two ladies have a bigger responsibility, they were both chosen as the R.A.’s of the girls staff, which basically means that they are in charge of the entire girls staff and have to make sure that everyone have a job and keep us all in line (guess since I’m rooming with them I have to be on my upmost behavior…shame that :-P ) but anyways, I hope that I can be an encouragement to them this summer, being an RA is a highly stressful position to be in.

This next week is Family Work Week as well as Day Camp. I’m one of the two girls in charge of the lunches and snacks for Day Camp…not sure yet exactly what that will include, but soon to find out!

First staff worship tonight!!!! (jumps up and dances a dance of ecstatic joy!) lol, I miss staff worship so much throughout the year, it’s a time we can come together and fellowship and praise God. I LOVE it so much, it feels so good to be able to praise God in a totally free way!

So I just got the word that I’m OFFICIALLY being trained to work on the challenge course this year! This is a total dream come true for me…ever since the day they built the climbing wall I have been in love with the challenge course and I have been so upset that I was never here early enough to be trained for it in my past years of staffing. The challenge course includes the 40 foot climbing tower, the two story 30 foot ropes course, and the something (maybe 40?) foot zip line! I’m so excited to be working out there! I love watching people concur their fears and try new things and challenge themselves. It’s the best thing in the world to see someone challenge themselves and go beyond what they thought they could do.

Anyways, my battery’s almost dead and I just got word that the staff is gathering early to play a game…so that is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment