"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear YOU, please write! Love, Ashley

Getting a letter is like getting a beautifully wrapped surprise present in a driving spring thunderstorm and a strong, warm autumn breeze, flowers all around with the stars up above as the sun rises, a rainbow in a cloudy clear blue sky, with butterflies everrywhere, eating cowppuccino ice cream while dancing through the woods in a yellow dress in my red high heels on a perfect hair day.

These as just a few of my favorite things (cue Sound of Music… :-) and guess what! Getting a letter is better then all of that rolled into one! Thus is the conclusion, I love letters. :-) So, I naturally want every one of you who reads this (you know who you are!) to write me while I’m at camp (and elsewhere). E-mail and Facebook is nice, but nothing says “love you and miss you” like a good old fashioned hand written letter. (If you have kids, I love getting colored pictures also :-) If you make sure your address is on the envelope, I will do my best to write back too (though my intentions are good, procrastination usually gets the better of me, because of that I do give a little bit of forgiveness if you don’t write…but not much :-) I’m leaving for camp early in the morning on Wednesday, June 16th, and I’ll be there through mid August. Hope to hear from you all!

Address for Upper Peninsula Bible Camp:

Ashley Padgett c/o UPBC
P.O. Box 338
Little Lake, MI 49833

(Colorado and Maryland addresses to come later)

Love, Ashley


“The written word is an important way to document our feelings and experiences in friendships. We can look back and remember how much a friend meant to us and the important role they’ve played in our lives. Good friends are hard to find and easy to lose through neglect. Communication keeps friendships alive.”

-Sarah Arthur, “Dating Mr. Darcy”




No comments:

Post a Comment