"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Coffee and Rag Curls (Lowville, NY: Wednesday)

Yesterday had us waking up early (6:30am) to head out for coffee and waffles. Every week, Meg meets with a handful of women on Wednesday mornings, and they just fellowship and encourage each other for a few hours. What a lovely way to bring in the morning! And what a blessing to have such a great group of women in your life to mentor and encourage you!

From there we went immediately back to the fair grounds. There we hung out in the stands, watching Meg's brother Dan as he showed his horses, and we walked around a bit more, getting some cream cheese and cracker samples from the Kraft tent for a snack (apparently Kraft has a big factory in the area).

Around lunch time we headed home and made up some food, then we discussed what to do next. We both agreed that the best thing we needed was a nap, so we brought our books outside, and Meg settled into the chaise of the porch, while I crawled into the hammock in the front, and we each read for a few minutes before dozing off. We’d planned on an hour and a half nap, three and a half hours later as woke up. It was lovely.

By then it was dinnertime, so we helped Meg’s mom prepare dinner, then gathered around the table. During the meal, Meg and her dad started sharing stories of their many miraculous adventures during their multiple missions trips to the Ukraine. We sat there for a couple hours listening as Meg and her dad remembered story after story, with an occasional comment from her mom. It was wonderful to hear the incredible ways God used them and the people they were with to spread His story! I could have listened all night, but around ten we finally cleaned up the table.

A few weeks ago, when we were talking about me coming to visit, Meg asked me if she could try putting my hair in rag curls, so last night we did that, and while we were at it we watched Tangled, (which we had seen together in theaters on opening day while we were in Colorado). Despite my long nap, I was dozing during the movie, and shortly after the ending credits I collapsed into bed and slept beautifully!


(Meg and Me...like my dress? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment