"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Conversation Between My Heart And My Head:

Heart: Oh, I long to be there

Head: Where?

Heart: At Camp, where else? Eye’s keep seeing people update their status’s about heading up there, it breaks me knowing we’re not there.

Head: Oh come on, don’t start that again. You know why we cant be there. We need to save up money in order to pay for our future, the future you decided on I might remind you.

Heart: We decided on, you agreed to it remember? You said that it may not be the most logical decision, but it at least makes sense.

Head: Well, that doesn’t mean we can just throw caution to the wind and flit from place to place. We need to focus on the task at hand.

Heart: Sigh, I know, but don’t you just wish we could jump on a plane and fly up there and spend all summer there again?

Head: We did that last year.

Heart: And it was life changing! Why not again this summer?

Head: You know why, you can sweet talk me all you want, but I wont bend, besides, you know perfectly well how expensive plane tickets are.

Heart: Then lets walk!

Head: Oh, now you're talking…I can just see it “hey we’re here! Lets go summer 2015!”

Heart: It wouldn't take that long…would it?

Head: Just about.

Heart: Humph, you take all the fun out of life.

Head: That may be, but you certainly find ways to bring it back again. I’m having less and less say these days.

Heart: You are not, you have just as much say as ever, more even, I’m just ignoring you.

Head: Oh, that makes me feel useful.

Heart: You are useful, if you didn’t stop me from following every whim, well, lets just say it wouldn't be pretty. But it’d sure be fun while it lasted!

Head: But you just have to remember that even though this time seems long and mundane, we’re staying busy preparing for the fun and exciting stuff to come. We have to choose wisely.

Heart: Yeah, I know…and jumping on a plane to Camp isn’t the wise thing.

Head: Not right now it isn’t. But soon, I promise, we’ll be there sooner then you think. Then we can both rejoice together!

Heart: You're right…Hey, do you have a band-aid?

Head: Why do you need a band-aid?

Heart: Because I’m a little bit broken right now.

Head: It’s ok, a little bit broken is good for growth…besides, in the meantime we can do the thing we do best together.

Heart: What's that?

Head: Dream.



1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness, I'm gonna cry. That is so sweet and genuine. Hope both heart/head have a good day today. :) Love ya, Ms. Mary

    ReplyDelete