"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

They Don’t Call It “Life Group” For Nothin’!

So basically, I love my Life Group, and when I say “love”, you had better believe it! I cant imagine the semester without them, the memories I shared with them are among my favorites. As I told Anne Marie on one of our last nights “the ‘Life’ in Life Group stands for ‘Life’, and I plan on having you guys in my life for life!”


Introducing My Life Group 3:

Anne Marie was the first of my Life Group that I met. We sat at the same table on our first night at Focus, eating pizza together. But our real bonding began when she was stranded with me on our hike up the mountain at Horn Creek. We were that group caught in the middle of the fast hikers and the slower ones. The two of us ended up spending the hours together, learning about each others lives, that is until we could no longer breath due to the altitude. We wanted so bad to make it to the top, however, we knew it was time to turn back when we found ourselves walking for two minutes, then stopping to breathe for ten. :-) We came to a fork in the road and decided not to take it…then we got lost coming down and were late for dinner…what adventures!


Next I met Cody. What a guy! I also met him that first night, but just quickly in passing “oh hey! Your in my Life Group!” basically this guys a lot of fun, there's always a party going on around him. My favorite memories of Cody include: Sour Milk Man, the Rapping Preacher, always, always finding a reason to “trot out the two year old”... Etc. Cody was also one of the music leaders for our class, and he did a wonderful job at bringing us together to praise our Lord.



I also met Kensi that first night, and also in passing. Kensi is so classy and wonderful! She kept us on track when we would stray from the topic at hand during class discussions (and, uh, ahem, when Sarah and Chris were paying less than attention during exams…never heard our table so quiet in that one moment!) My favorite memory of Kensi was one night when a bunch of us were hanging out in Jenny’s apartment. I randomly asked Kensi if I could try teasing her hair. She thought about it for a minute then said “sure girl.” I excitedly got a brush but, um, I don’t exactly know how to tease, but I pretended to…sadly I was not able to get a picture, and the ones that were captured Kensi tackled the culprit and deleted them :-( haha.

The next one I remember meeting was Chris. At Horn Creek one of the games we played required us to line up according to our hometown, stretching from west to east, then we folded the line in half and the person we came face to face with was our partner. Well, Aberdeen MD came face to face with Shiner TX. At this point we had to name our two-some and then we were blindfolded and told to find our partner by yelling our own name (I was Jackal and Chris was Hyde). It was mass confusion as the 44 of us yelled and tried to find our partners. FINALLY I hear “Hyde! Hyde!” I excitedly reached out to tag him and we took off our blindfolds to discover…we were the last two on the court. Yay!I have many more great memories with Chris, and this was only a hint to the ones that would follow.

Sarah. Um, I actually don’t remember my first meeting of Sarah. But my first memory of her is when she ran to the front of the bus on the way to Horn Creek and declared “ok! We’re settling this once and for all! How many of you, at some point of your life, were home schooled!?” that was the day we figured out that exactly half of the 44 were of the proud and home schooled! Sarah is just wonderful, she's exuberant and full of life, and her laughter makes you want to fall over and laugh your head off, no matter what it is that's funny! She's a fearless leader, and loves to dress like Ke$ha :-) i have too many memories with this girl to count, she's just wonderful!





Here we are on Stop Light day, at this point so early in the semester we are all green and single...but somewhere around the end we had two reds and a rumored yellow :-)

This was at the koinonia dinner we planned, Super Hero Night!

This is us, " true-to-fact dynamics of the group discussion." as Sarah says it. Oh so different, yet oh so good.

Life Group 3 will forever be in my heart


3 comments:

  1. ahhhh I freakin' love you guy$! Thanks for all the funny memorie$ A$hley - yer the BE$T!!! I miss ya'll ton$ and ton$ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $arah, you would u$e a dollar $ign for your comment. Haha, and that is why I miss you all so much! And yes, thank you for the memories Ashley :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I love this and you. This makes me miss you. Thanks for the memories and all the laughs: ) I miss you all very much.

    ReplyDelete