"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playing Ketchup

Due to my over full schedule, I’m going to give this long overdue update in just five minutes (for my owns memory sake, if you don’t understand it, I apologize :-) (p.s. today one of my profs said “make sure you’re up to date on your reading so you don’t have to play catch-up...hence, the title…yeah, my brain is fried)

Ready? Go!

Mid-August in Maryland woke up 6:00am covered in HIVES! So I didn’t get my early start on the road as I had to take a shower.

Hour later got on the road, took a nap after 2 hours, and then booked the rest of the 8 hours to get to Jessie’s house before rush hour hit. Drove like Detroit in the city (felt good to drive with real drivers again! Sorry MD) and got to Jessie’s and crashed (to sleep, not my car. Ruby performed admirably and faithfully…we didn’t get lost once!)

Next day picked up Emmy and we headed to GR. First half of the week in GR, head back to Detroit. Second half of the week Detroit, Frisbee, beach, church picnic. Emmy fly back to MD, I drive back to GR.

Orientation week at Cornerstone. Terra firma group: Cobalt! Make some new friends (all freshmen…I’m old) beach, baseball, tours, worship, etc.

Classes start! Drop Minorities (if you don’t want me to stereotype you, don’t stereotype me) pick up Wellness (yes, ok, I need to exercise, better when I’m forced to) psych, intro to social work, econ, old test lit. Drop econ (too much! Too much!)

Job! Cold Stone Creamery (ice cream, people, singing? Yes please!) Love it.

Commuting. Its tough – 7am waking up in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta go upstairs, gotta be cool gotta have my cereal (in my cool to go cup) and my spinach smoothie (cuz it’s healthy) gotta get out to my car yeah, gotta get to class…I see my friends! Sitting in the front row, sleeping in the back row, gotta make my mind up, which test should I pass?

Don’t get home till after 11 most nights. Sleep is a myth.

Church is wonderful. So blessed to see my friends and camp family every week. Spend time with a few of my girls, and more to see (someday)

Courageous! Friends came up from the D to see it with me, then Jessie and I went downtown (found $3 parking!!!) checked out Art Prize and did the Improv Everywhere MP3 Experiment! Dream. Come. True.

Weather is lovely today and I am determined to get ahead in at least one class so I can better prioritize.

My head hurts most of the time, and I feel as if life is the big dog on the end of the leash. (Once when I was about 6, I was walking my uncle’s dog, Jake. He was a good dog, but something excited him and he took off running, literally dragging me behind…I was wearing my favorite dress.) That’s how I feel my life is right now: life is the dog, excitedly running ahead, chasing something in the distance, and I’m the little girl being dragged behind. Ideally, I would be the one in charge; I am holding the leash after all, right? But truly, I have no choice but to be dragged wherever the dog-life takes me, and breathlessly hope I can maintain my hold.

This dog of life is picking up speed! I hope the thing he’s chasing is God! (thought I guess I do have control over that decision)

That was 20 minutes…did ya catch (ketch) any of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment