"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Monday, April 11, 2011

Daffodils and Paint Brushes…An Observation

If Spring were a parade, the Daffodils would be the trumpets leading the way. Everywhere you go you can hear their soundless song bursting from their bright yellow horns. They appear everywhere! There are neat, straight lines of them marching through the gardens. They stroll in pairs along the roadside. They tromp in groups through the woods. They hide under bushes, and dance on the hills. Everywhere you look they are there, a cheerful splash of color declaring, “Look! The world is becoming new again!”

I hear this song as I walk along; the Daffies nod their friendly heads in greeting as I pass, smiling up at me. I nod a neighborly hello back, cheered by their very existence.

I turn my attention from the frills of the ground, to the colors of the sky. It is sunset, one of my favorite times of the day. Sunset is the time that God takes out His paint box and lets His brushes do their work. The colors streak across the sky, brilliant shouts of pink, soft whispers of purple, solid, consisted blue. Yellow-gold and peachy-orange skitter about, hopping from one place to another, never sitting still. This canvas is alive and moving, changing, dancing. The Creator of color is putting His creation to good use tonight.

As the evening drifts into night, I begin the feel the coolness of the air, and I turn my feet back to whence they came. Peaceful and content.

Just think, when God created this world, He could have made it all cement…dark, drab, gray and hard, and we would never know the difference. But He instead He gave us this bright, beautiful, colorful and lush place within which to dwell. But what if this isn’t the best? What if it gets better!? what if this beautiful, vibrant place is just a concrete shadow of the world compared to what He is preparing for us in Heaven!?

If this is the concrete shadow world, I cant wait to see the colors of the true one!

Ok, I know it's not a daffy, but hey, it's yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment