"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Saturday, December 4, 2010

This Is The Way...

“Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it.’” ….. Isaiah 30:21

Have you ever had a time when God gave you a verse, and then for days (or weeks, or years…) after it keeps popping up in totally random ways? Maybe you’re having a conversation with someone and they start talking about something and suddenly you remember that verse and realize it applies perfectly to the conversation. Or maybe your sitting in church and the preacher says “turn to such and such” and low and behold, it’s that verse again. Or maybe your in Bible study and the teacher says “does anyone know any verses that go along with this topic?” um, yes teacher, in fact I do. Or maybe your friend calls you and needs some encouragement; no need to rack your brain long, because you just happen to have one in the forefront of your mind.
These “coincidences” are like getting a sticky note from God, a reminder. This week I’ve gotten sticky notes from God in each of the ways mentioned above about the verse Isaiah 30:21 and it’s been the best encouragement.
Something I’ve been learning and thinking about this semester (slash, the whole year) is faith. There have been countless times I've had to step out in faith into a dark place and just know that God’s going to lead me. And I know when I leave this place I’m going to be in another of those unknown times of my life…this journey of faith does not end with the Institute. There are so many uncertainties that will try to blow me down the moment I step off that stage after graduation, I’ll be going to an unknown place, full of unknown people, doing unknown things. And don’t worry, I’m not. In fact, I am filled with excited anticipation to discover the adventure God had mapped out for me. But what He has been showing me this whole year, especially this semester, this week in particular, is that, even when I’m uncertain where I should step, God wants me to move in prayer. If I’m in constant conversation with Him, He’ll shut me down if I’m going the wrong way, and He’ll take my hand to bring me the right way. This Isaiah verse reminds me (daily, no joke, it’s been absolutely a God thing the way this keeps showing up in my life) that He is always with me, and as long as I listen, He’ll be whispering directions to me…how's that for a GPS?

No comments:

Post a Comment