"Life is a journey, and I have no clue where it's taking me, but I want to remember it."


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heavenly Light Show

I ask a lot of questions, one of my favorite things to do it go up to people and just ask them questions about themselves. One of my most asked questions is “what are 5 things you want to do before you die.” For my own answers, the 5 I mention may very, but one of the top is to see the Northern Lights. Well sir, last night I was able to check that one off the list.
We were sitting in staff worship, last night we had a time of discussion where together as girls and guys we asked each other questions about the other, such as “what do girls do that guys don’t understand?” and “how can the guys improve as leaders?” it was a really good time of unifying and understanding each other.
After the questions had been answered, someone mentions going to the beach to see the Northern Lights. I got so excited, I heard of people seeing them up here, but I never had, and had always dreamed of it! they were supposed to come out after about a half hour, so we went to wait it out in the kitch. Then, we all headed out to the beach to see what we would see. when we got there we were disappointed, the whole sky was clear except right along the horizon where a stream of clouds had formed. The clouds were glowing though, creating a light green streak across the sky. We watched and watched, praying that God would part the clouds as He did the Red Sea. After about a half hour, Andy pointed out a break in the slowly moving clouds. I was holding my breath, straining my eyes so as not to miss a moment, when suddenly we saw a streak of green, hazy light pierce the sky! For a few short moments I saw the pale teal colors dance in the sky, the clouds still covered the majority of the light show, but several rays escaped and light up the starry sky.
I still hope to see the Northern Lights in all their glory one day, but now I can say that I have seen them, and I can praise God for His glory! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment